[mythtv-users] 0 length seek table

Chris Picton chrisp at tangent.co.za
Mon Oct 17 10:29:21 EDT 2005

Hi all

I am getting a strange situation where some of my recordings, seemingly
randomly get corrupt?

I am unable to seek correctly in these recordings.  I get one of three
situations.

1: A jump forward, or skip to commercial point results in my hdd running
forever, but the video never skipping forwards.  I need to restart
mythfrontend to return to a stace of normality.

2: From the start of the video, I can skip forwards, up to a point in
the file.  After trying to skip from this poin onwards, I see behaviour
the same as 1 above.

3: From the start of the video, an attempted skip takes me forward to a
random point in the file.  (Each file has its own random skip point).
Skipping forward (or back, up to the fixed point) works fine after this.

I had originally though this was a problem with my recordedmarkup table,
so I deleted everything from that table, and rebuilt it using
'mythcommflag --force --all --rebuild'.  During the rebuild, some of the
files outputted the error '0 length seek table', and did not show %
progress during rebuild.

Once I had run this, I ran 'mythcommflag --force --all' to rebuild the
commercial cutlist.  I still got the '0 length seek table' errors on the
same files as before.

I went to the frontend after all this, and had exactly the same
problems.  The problematic recordings are the ones which reported the '0
length' error.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Chris