[mythtv-users] recordedmarkup table HUGE

Nick Rosier nick.rosier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 08:36:34 EDT 2005

On 17/10/05, Andrew Wilson <migmog at gmail.com> wrote:
> My mythconverg database is now about 35MB, and I'm starting ot look at
> embedded devices to host it, so it would be nice to have the DB
> smaller if possible.

Less recordings = smaller DB ;-)

> Not knowing much about SQL, I did this to figure out which tables are
> eating all that space:
>
>              mysqldump mythconverg | grep -n "^-- Dumping" > /tmp/db
>
> That spews out the line numbers in the dump for the start of each
> table. recordedmarkup accounted for 92% of the lines in my database.
> Surely some mistake???

Nope

> I'm only vaguely aware of what this table is for ... commercial
> cutlist? - which I don't use anyway.

AFAIK it contains to offsets in the recordingsfile to the different
types of frames etc... You need when seeking through a recording
(ffwd, rew, skip etc...). If this table is corrupt or empty, you'll
notice strange behaviour during playback, e.g. the frontend won't know
how long the recording is.