[mythtv-users] Initial FC4 Setup for MythTV

David Barkman cybler at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 02:36:32 EDT 2005

Hi, I'm working on the initial portion of my MythTV
install, following Jarod's doc (great doc btw!).

In step 5, I ran the Yum upgrade, set the KVER
variable and rebooted.  I then ran step 6, adding the
third-party repos, and decided to run yum upgrade
again.

When I do, most of the rpms from nrpms give error
messages about packages not being signed or missing
public keys for certian packages.  I've found that if
I install the offending package from the source
website and I can get past the error, but then why use
Yum in the first place.

Should I not run "yum upgrade" again at this point?
If I don't, wont I be running at some other point in
the future and cause the same problems again?

Thanks

David

--
David Barkman