[mythtv-users] Commercial skips about 5-15 seconds early

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Oct 16 20:58:10 EDT 2005

> >I think there is other logic that would need to be changed later in the
> >analysis code to account for these frames, but this might fix it for
> >your test case.

> It does in fact fix this.  Perfect commercial skip.

Great.  I have this patch along with the other nuppeldecoder.cpp line
uncommented in my tree and will probably commit them in a couple days
if I don't hear back any negative reports from you.

> >Does the editor still function properly and do the frame numbers in the
> >editor match up to what you're seeing in the commercial skip list for
> >this recording?

> I will check on this to see and let you know.

Let me know if you see any other odd things as well.  I don't see
the frame number being used by the transcoder and can't think of any
other issues with uncommenting that line.

David Engel, since that was your patch, if you see this and there's
anything you can think of, let me know and I can try to look further.

--
Chris