[mythtv-users] Frontend - Live vid ok, recorded scrambled

gary huntress ghuntress at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 18:36:28 EDT 2005

I'm 99% complete with my shuttle mythtv frontend.   I'd previously asked
about unichrome support for TV Out and for the record all it took was
grabbing X source and making it, grabbing the unichrome source and
make/make install.

And that brings me to my current status.   TV Out is working OK on the
frontend.  The interesting thing is that I can watch live tv from the
backend and the picture is fine.   But if I watch prerecorded shows
(again from the backend), the video is all scrambled.   What could cause
this?   These shows play fine on the backend.

Also, this feels like a dumb question, but do I need speakers connected
to the pc?  I have no sound on the tv.  I expected that the svideo
signal would have the audio as well.

Thanks!

Gary