[mythtv-users] New theme, can't get back to Settings

Timothy McFadden tim at timandjamie.com
Sun Oct 16 12:20:25 EDT 2005

How can a theme remove buttons?

I thought all of the themes used 'mainmenu.xml'.  That should be where
all of the buttons are ( for the main menu anyway ).  Am I missing
something?

I would have thought that Bill accidently modified either
/usr/share/mythtv/mainmenu.xml or ~/.mythtv/mainmenu.xml.

-Tim

On 10/16/05, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> On 16-Oct-05, at 11:00 AM, bill at spis.net wrote:
>
> > How can I change the theme that the frontend uses without using the
> > frontend?    I've looked through /home/mythtv but can't find anything.
> > just can't seem to find a configuration directory/file that handles the
> > themes that the frontend uses.
>
>  From the shell:
>
> mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg (ymmv on the mythtv user's
> password)
> select * from settings where value = 'Theme';
> update settings set data = 'G.A.N.T.' where value = 'Theme' and
> hostname = '???';
> commit;
> quit;
>
> of course substitute the correct hostname where I have ??? and pick a
> theme you know you have.
>
> - George

Want to try Gmail?  Send me an email requesting an invite.