[mythtv-users] Firewire problems on FC4

John Winkeler winkeler2 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 01:35:02 UTC 2005

I don't think that it is a problem with the 2.6.13 kernel. Since I was
having trouble performing a full yum upgrade on the FC4, I installed the
"newest" distro that I could find, SUSE 10.  I am having several video
problems, but was able to successfully compile myth against with the
2.6.13 kernel.  I was able to see the channel change via firewire and
then X crashed. Anyway, the 2.6.13 kernel appeared to work with
firewire.

Anyway, looking at the configure file for MythTV there are only a couple
requirements (Libiec61883 and libraw1394, if I remember correctlyt) to
have firewire support compiled in. My feeling is that the ATRPM compile
changed and didn't pick up the firewire stuff. I am fairly confident
that the myth version I had working with Firewire was 112.

Anyone out there have Myth 113/114 from atrpms have firewire working?

JW