[mythtv-users] Commercial skips about 5-15 seconds early

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Oct 15 21:07:30 EDT 2005

> >If the frame numbers match up (so commercial detection is correct),
> >you can put some debug statements into
> >NuppelVideoPlayer::AutoCommercialSkip() to see if this is being
> >triggered early for some reason or if frame numbers look off in
> >there for some reason.
> >
> They do seem to match.  The program skips at 23:59:09 and the cutlist
> generated says it skips at 43179 which would be consistent with 30fps if
> my math is right.  What kind of debugging statements are you looking for?

I was wanting to verify at what framesPlayed it was actually performing
the skip and what framesPlayed was after the skip.  Possibly also what
commBreakIter.key() and .data() were before and after
AutoCommercialSkip(); was called around line 2094 in NVP as well.

Just put the existing AutoCommercialSkip(); inside a block and put a
couple cerr's before and after it to print out the above values and
see how they compare to what you're seeing in the editor.  See if it
looks like it skipped at the right frame number or if maybe it thinks
it's skipping at the right frame but the skip doesn't line up with the
frame numbers you see while in the editor.

--
Chris