[mythtv-users] DVB-T Low Signal / High SNR

Paul Raison paul at raison.org.uk
Sat Oct 15 13:27:16 EDT 2005

Hi, just trying to setup Mythtv using a Pinnacle 300i DVB-T card. When
scanning for channels I'm seeing the signal strength around 10-20% and
Signal / Noise around 60-70%. It does find channels, but any attempt to
watch them results in blocky / stuttering video. I get the same with
command line outside of Mythtv

I know that the signal from the aerial is fine, as I have a standalone
STB and see signal strength of around 90%.

I've been fighting with this for several days and have been tearing my
hair out!! Before I give up on the project, does anybody have any ideas
of what to check, possible probs etc?

Thanks
Paul