[mythtv-users] Automated update of video database

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 13:06:39 EDT 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 22:40, Chris Ribe wrote:
> This would be a major shift from the current setup, but I would like to see
> the distinction between MythVideo and Recordings disappear from the UI.
>
> Once a piece of video is on my harddrive, I don't really care where it came
> from. Regardless of whether the file was created by legal (timeshifting) or
> extralegal (downloaded/ripped) means, I would like to see them all in the
> same list.

I completely 100% agree, I'm finding the current method very frustrating right
now. I really wish I could tell Myth that this and that directory should be
merged into the same listing as my recordings because they are my backed up
versions of tv shows, and i wish there was a Movies specific section that I
could say "this is my directory of movies".

Steve