[mythtv-users] Frontend dies while playing certain recorded video, and so does transcode

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Sat Oct 15 01:32:40 EDT 2005

I posted about this problem a few days ago, but now have more info.

I have, for example, a recorded show that at certain points, while
playing it in mythfrontend, it cause myth to crash with a segmentation
fault.  This same file plays OK in Kaffeine.

Now I have discovered that if I ask myth to transcode it (to mpeg4) the
transcode process starts, I see the tmp file start to be created, but
when I check back later the log says the transcode process errored, and
the tmp file is gone (the original file is the original size).

So, do transcode and the playback software share some common fault, that
they do not gracefully handle video with certain content? (it's mpeg2
straight from a DVB card, TS mode, btw)