[mythtv-users] Mac Media Center Development

Joshua King jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 14 18:37:31 EDT 2005

While I like enthusiastic program development, I'd probably suggest (like
Richard did) either working on an existing product first, you seem to be
proposing a big project. CenterStage is Mac-specific and well under way,
otherwise MythTV on Mac is coming along well and can always do with more
developers and testers.

As far as MythTV on Mac OS X is concerned:

On 14/10/05 11:42 PM, "Sam Krupa" <sammykrupa at comcast.net> wrote:

> 1.Quartz, Open GL, and Graphics Efects Programming on Mac OS X

Open GL in the user interface is coming in the future with the new MythUI
(you can download MythTV now and compile the mythuitest program and see the
progress).

> 2.Strong Coding Skills In General on Mac OS X

I guess you're pointing towards Mac OS X-specific stuff like Core
Data/Image, etc, Objective-C. I doubt we'll do that.
> 3.DVD Playback, Movie Data Provider, iPhoto plugin, and other iLife
> intergration

Most of this is possible already. I believe with have MythMusic/iTunes
integration (I don't use it), I'm working on the media monitor so DVD
playback fully works (already works with Apple DVD Player). Iphoto could be
integrated with MythGallery.

> 4.ntergration with a TV Tuner and Remote, etc (were not sure what
> tuner or remote to support, email with suggestions)

For TV tuners on Mac we've got nothing but the infrastructure is there, a
QuickTime layer just needs to be written.

For the remote you can already use Bluetooth mobile phones, the XBOX remote
control (third party driver), the Keyspan digital media remote, wireless
keyboards.

> 5.Logo and Icon Design (no coding needed!)

Other than XML our themes currently don't require programming.

> 6.User Interface Design (no coding needed! Users welcome. For this, it
> is very important that we get someone that can really shape a program
> to look like a Mac program should)

Same with basic menu layout here.

> 7.Beta Testers

I know we have many Mac users here too.