[mythtv-users] issues with slavebackend

Geo geodiaz_79 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 15:33:14 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm using the HD3000 for OTA (my cable company has few HD channels on QAM) and I am having issues as well.  I got the card working, set up my card as DVB- set the 50-udev.rules to allow myth group- added the card to the slave backend- added a HDTV video source to the master backend- filled the database- used mythweb to adjust the channels- and got the card to work, sort of.

The card is viewed by all the front ends but when I switch to the card the screen goes black for a few seconds then drops me back to the menu.  I can see (on the terminal window) RemoteFile:: openSocket (control socket): Could not connect to server "" @ port -1.  Now the card DOES work if I launch a front end on the slavebackend machine!!  The error only occures when it is opened by a front end machine that does not have the card localy loaded.  When I used mythweb to check the front end (http://ipoflocalmachine:6544) I can see all the cards on the masterbackend and the hd3000 card on the slave.  Anyone have any thoughts here?  I've put about 50 hours into the setup of this card already.

"I think the whole world's gone mad."
"Uh-Uh. It's always been like this. You probably just don't get out enough."
 ------ From "Death, the High Cost of Living"