[mythtv-users] Unable to Fully Delete a Recording

Neil Cronin mythtv at rackle.com
Fri Oct 14 14:12:20 EDT 2005

You can determine the file name of the missing file and then run
`touch <filename>`, which will create an empty file.  Then deleting it
via the frontend or mythweb will work.

The easiest way to determine the filename(s) of missing file(s) is to
load up the "recorded programs" page in mythweb while running `tail -f
<path-to-backend-log>`.  Every file the backend cannot find will be
logged as an error.  You can use sed to generate a `touch` script, or
you can just copy/paste the filenames if you don't have too many.

I believe the current version of myth (0.18) either touches the file
before attempting to delete it or ignores non-existant files, which
fixes this annoyance.

-neil