[mythtv-users] Getting started, which tuner card Haup. or NVTV

CHRIS KOTTING ckotting at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 14 12:59:15 EDT 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:11:57 -0500, Frank Dux wrote
> Hello,
> I am trying to figure out which tv tuner card to buy for mythtv.  I
> plan on running Xbox (XBMC mythtv plugin) as frontend.  However, for
> my backend I am trying to decide between Hauppauge series or eVGA
> NVTV series card.
>
> Does eVGA NVTV series cards even work with mythtv ?

I suspect the answer is "No", since the info on eVGA's Website loudly
proclaims "Requires Microsoft Media Center Edition 2005 (will not work with
any other version of Microsoft Windows)" and "Designed for Windows XP".

Generally, with that level of tie-in, even if they are using a chipset that
is supported by a Linux driver, there is Microsoft-specific firmware
involved.

However, this is still speculation, so if someone out there knows how to
make it work, sing out!

--
WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)