[mythtv-users] Re: DMA not enabled

Phil Strong phil.strong.sds at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 03:53:39 UTC 2005

Yeah I'll have to check but it may be 2.6.13.2 <http://2.6.13.2> if that is
the newest. Yes perhaps my Mobo is emulating as an ide because it shows in
the bios as ide channel 2. Has turned off the bios feature before? I am not
sure which it will be but what files will I need to configure? grub.conf and
fstab? Can I do this before I disable so when I reboot it is happy? That way
I can just keep an older kernel if in fact it doesn't work and boot that and
restore the correct files until I can figure a work around.

-Phil

On 10/13/05, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 13 October 2005 13:58, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> > I ran this on kernel 2.6.13.2 <http://2.6.13.2>. So I'm not so sure it's
> a kernel issue.
> >
> > Kirk
> >
> > Steve Adeff wrote:

> =

> SATA

> > > Well, yes, but the older SATA drivers didn't have a complete command
> set.
> > > I used to get the same error on my SATA drives but with the 2.6.13kernel
> > > i don't. Nothing to worry about though, and as I said, "DMA" is
> > > definitely on (not that SATA does the whole DMA thing like PATA does).
> > >
> > > Steve
>
> quite strange, don't know what to say, so I'll bow out of this thread...
>
> --
> Steve

Phil Strong
Synergetic Data Systems