[mythtv-users] Re: DMA not enabled

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Oct 13 16:50:57 UTC 2005

Here's the output on my SATA drive:

# hdparm -Tt /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
  Timing cached reads:   3832 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1915.88 MB/sec
HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush complete) failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
  Timing buffered disk reads:  184 MB in  3.02 seconds =  60.84 MB/sec
HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush complete) failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

So it fails on some sort of IO command but still runs the benchmark.

Kirk