[mythtv-users] myth music is so slow

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 13:40:38 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 18:43, Justin Hunt wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I finnaly decided to setup myth music and imported about 200 songs (i
> have
> 6500 copying to the server, but wanted to have some output...). I then
> proceded to the select music screen and tried to find bare naked
> ladies, 10
> minutes later im still waiting for the songs to show up.
>
> This backend isnt real slow (a p4 1.7 ghz with 650mb ram), and it isnt
> doing
> anything else. Is there anything i can do to speed it up?

Mythmusic is designed to be run on the frontend.  There are no
components of Mythmusic for the backend.  The frontend with Mythmusic
needs access to the database (which it should already have, if you were
already using it as a frontend) and the music files -- locally, or via
an NFS mount.  So, how's your frontend set up?  And what exactly do you
mean "waiting for the songs to show up"?

-JAC