[mythtv-users] Cable company renumbering channels

James Alexander jamesralexander at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:23:14 EDT 2005

On October 11, my cable service provider renumbered their channel lineup.
I'm getting my guide data from http://labs.zap2it.com, and I know I need to
get them to update their lists so I can get my program data, but I was
wondering if anyone had experience with this problem.

According to a sticky post on zap2it's forums, one can submit the new lineup
to them, and they will update the channel lineups accordingly, but after I
have sent in my new lineup to them from my cable company's website, they
still haven't updated my lineup. I've tried adding a new lineup, to see if I
needed to get rid of the old one, and replace it with the new, but the
channels are still numbered the old way on the website.

Has anyone else had this problem? How long did it take zap2it, to fix their
lineups? Is there anything I need to do on mythtv, other than running
mythfilldatabase once the new numbering is in place?