[mythtv-users] MythTV on Xbox, again

Vladan Bato vbato at ieee.org
Thu Oct 13 04:03:31 EDT 2005

I have written before with my difficulties with installing mythtv on
Xebian. No matter what repositories I used I couldn't manage to install
mythtv.

I got some suggestions on this list. Specifically to follow the
instructions at this page:
<http://www.mythtv-xbox.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=36>
and use the apt sources posted in a reply.

Well, yesterday I finally found the time to try that by doing a Xebian
1.1.4 install from scratch.

I managed to install mythtv-frontend, but when I try to install
mythvideo I get a broken packages error (details below).

I browsed the www.mythtv-xbox.org forums and it seems that I'm not alone
with this problem, and that nobody got beyond installing the frontend.

It all must have worked some time ago, but it doesn't anymore.

The errors are probably due to Xebian using sarge, while the mythtv
repository uses sid.

What should I do now? Should I do a dist-upgrade? Should I try
recompiling MythTv (and wait a few days for it to finish)?

================
Here are the details. I installed Xebian 1.1.4 from scratch and followed
the instructions on the above-mentioned page, and used the following
source.list:

-----
xbox:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sid main
deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
-----

First I installed mythtv-frontend:

-----
# apt-get install mythtv-frontend
[....]
OK, installs 21 packeges, upgrades 13 (including glibc).
-----

Then I tried installing mythvideo, and here it fails:

-----
xbox:~# apt-get install mythvideo
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

   mythvideo: Depends: libqt3c102-mt (>= 3:3.3.4) but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
-----

--
Vladan Bato