[mythtv-users] (SOLVED) Video lasts for only 1 second on live TV

Alberto Alonso sp-23856721 at ggsys.net
Thu Oct 13 04:42:09 UTC 2005

I don't know what the default is, however I must say that
I did the original setup back in 2004 (not using knoppmyth)
and it worked with Television as the input. Eventually I
upgraded the mythtv version and things broke. I couldn't
get things to work for a long time and I decided to stop
using live tv and used mythtv only for recordings.

Recently my interest came back and restarted to research
things to try to fix the problem. Thanks to all the input
from the list and the new search results I finally fixed it.

I must say that more clear error reporting would have saved
a lot of hours. A don't know where the code could be clearer.
All I know, is that last time I looked at the code things
were not documented and following the structure was not
easy to say the least. I gave up due to the huge learning
curve. I work in projects over 100K lines so I can read code,
but I guess my brain tends to refuse to work on/understand
undocumented code :-)

I don't know why recordings always kept working, do they
use a different setup for tuner?

Thanks,

Alberto