[mythtv-users] PVR-350 Was Working, Now Isn't

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 01:19:38 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> My PVR-350 was working fine, recording and watching live TV. Then I
> tried to add a second capture card. I gave up on the second card but now
> the PVR-350 stopped working. All I get is a black screen.
>
> The "copy /dev/video0 > file.mpg" test works fine -- the card is
> receiving a signal on the tuner0 input.
>
> Can *anyone* make *any* suggestions on what to do next?

Please post the output from your frontend and backend logs when trying
to watch TV and it  fails.

> Is there someway to 'reset' mythtv? I have removed all the tuner cards
> in myth-setup and re-added the PVR-350 several time with no success.

It's therefore less likely to be MythTV (make sure you have checked
Use PVR-350 output in frontend setup) and could be ivtv setup related.
Were you using the ivtv xv driver to run your X session, or just using
the PVR output for live TV and recordings?

Nick