[mythtv-users] Firewire and DCT-6200

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 12 06:32:34 UTC 2005

On Oct 11, 2005, at 20:23, Curtis Stanford wrote:

> Is anyone seriously using firewire input with a dct-6200 receiver
> reliably?

/me raises hand.

> I just got mine working a few days ago and when it's working, it's
> great. However, more often than not, recordings come up short or
> the channel doesn't change. It hasn't made it through an hour long
> recording yet without the backend saying:
>
> Firewire: No Input in 15 seconds [P:0 N:1] (select)
>
> Then the recording stops. If anyone has any experience with this,
> I'd appreciate a pointer to the component that may be giving me
> problems. Is it the receiver, mythtv, linux, or my cheap firewire
> card?

My money would be on the firewire card. Your symptoms sound similar
to those I saw with the onboard firewire on one of my systems. A
different FireWire card (WD one bundled with a drive that I got ages
ago) and the FW port on my Audigy sound cards all work great though
(currently using the Audigy's port in production).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com