[mythtv-users] OT: MythTV Home Automation

Ian Jackson ianjackson at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 12 05:52:03 UTC 2005

Hi All,

About this whole touch tone thing and home automation control.  I love
the Myth automation concept. Isn't that what myth is suppose to be
about? Mythical convergence? As far as touch tone activation,  I've been
half following this thread.. Instead of touch tone magic, why not good
old SMS?
In this summer issue of 2600 (I think). there is a short article on
using SMS to control your box.. It's sort of smart hack..Basically, it
takes advantage the fact that most phones can SMS email addresses.. I'll
see if  I can find/post the article if anybody is interested. It could
turn into a pretty useful tool if somebody put some time into a myth
interface.

Ian

======