[mythtv-users] OT: nVidia and XvMC?

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 12 05:00:15 UTC 2005

Mark Linford wrote:

>So, for anyone with an nVidia card using XvMC, did you have to do
>anything special to get it running? Any advice to point me in the
>right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

What XvMC libs are you using with MythTV?

Is it libXvMCNVIDIA or libXvMCW?

Most likely it wouldn't work if you compile MythTV with other XvMC
libraries like via etc (at least it didn't work for me).. If you build
your own binaries, make sure configure returns the correct XvMC libs,
either one above should be fine.

If you use libXvMCW, check that you have a file /etc/X11/XvMCConfig and
the contents is just "libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1" without the quotes. If
it doesn't exist, create it and libXvMCW should work fine now..

Hope this helps...