[mythtv-users] which is better, using S-Video or VGA?

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Tue Oct 11 20:47:53 UTC 2005

> Would you say, then, that if I just want to watch SD (iow I don't need an
> HD-ready TV monitor) I'm better off connecting the mythtv frontend to a good
> computer monitor than having an S-Video TV monitor?

The horizontal refresh rate is also important. If you are in PAL-country
with 50 half-frames per second and the LCD-monitor refreshes with 60 Hz,
then you will get bad quality. A PAL-TV-LCD might be more likely to do
internal refresh at 50 Hz.

Niels Dybdahl