[mythtv-users] dumb low power backend... questions on proposedsetup

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 09:23:17 UTC 2005

David wrote:
> Bob wrote:
>
>>Have you considered a low power, always on master backend with no
>>tuner - DVB cards in it, just a load of hard drives,
>
> Aren't the hard drives the biggest power consumers?

Not THE biggest, usually 2nd or 3rd (depending on your other components)
and that's only when they're spun up, I'd suggest having your /myth and
/cache on big desktop drives set to spin down when not in use and the
rest on either a laptop drive or a CF card.

--
tveeprom: Hauppauge: model = 34132, rev = J158,
tveeprom: tuner = Philips FM1236 MK3 (idx = 58, type = 4)