[mythtv-users] Fwd: Fedora Mythtv, pcHDTV and Comcast?

Mark Linford mlinford+mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 00:47:56 UTC 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Linford <mlinford+mythtv at gmail.com>
Date: Oct 10, 2005 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: Fedora Mythtv, pcHDTV and Comcast?
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On 10/9/05, Dennis Lou <dlou99 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Mark Linford <mlinford+mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Something to do with my PVR-150, perhaps? If I have
> > time tonight, I'll
> > try removing that card and try again ...
>
> Sounds like it.  Did you install from atrpms
> or did you compile from source?  I've heard of eeprom
> conflicts when compiling from source, but I have
> been using atrpms and haven't run into it.
>
> -Dennis

I'm using the atrpms. Besides installing the nVidia drivers by hand,
it's a vanilla installation via Jarod's Fedora guide.

I'll try removing my PVR-150 card, and see if that fixes things. I
hope that's not the case, though, as I still watch a lot of regular
content, and I'd hate to lose the PVR card in this box (not to mention
I use the PVR's remote).

Mark

Well, after a little more searching, I found the following threads:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/151628?search_string=hd3000%20pvr-150
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/24044?search_string=tveeprom;#24044

Looks like there's a known conflict between the PVR-150 and the HD3000
with the latest ivtv drivers. So much for my vanilla install ...

I think I'm gonna try installing the 0.37a drivers by hand, as
recommended, and see if that makes my cards play nice. I'll report
back what happens, though it might take me a while :)

Mark