[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrade to 2.6.13

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 21:03:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a gentoo box with a Compro VideoMate Gold+ tv card. Everything
worked fine on 2.6.12
(2.6.12-gentoo-rx), after an upgrade to 2.6.13-gentoo-r3 I've lost
sound in mythtv (but only in 'live' tv). xawtv has no problems with
sound.
I've tried two different versions of the saa7134 driver (card 49 and
card 62) to no avail.
I load the driver with the following options:
options saa7134  tuner=5  card=49 i2c_scan=1 oss=1 dsp_nr=2 mixer_nr=2
oss_rate=32000

I prepared the new kernel by coping the .config of to the new
directory and making oldconfig.
There were just a  few questions:
- timer frequency (set to: 250 Hz)
- preemption model (set to: server)

I've noticed that if I force the oss_rate on module load to something
higher then 32000 (like 44100 or 48000) I get some sound, but the
'live' tv leaps forward almost every second and then  freezes for a
second, just to jump on fast forward again, sound is distorted, but at
least there is something.

Have anyone have idea what might be wrong?

regards
pshemko