[mythtv-users] Aspect ratio - possible advert filter cue

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Mon Oct 10 18:24:28 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,

I have been using a Nova-T card for UK Freeview for a few weeks now.

Superb !!! Why would anyone watch TV in any other way ??!

One thing I have noticed is that there is a discontinuity between the
program and the adverts. More often than not this is accompanied by an
aspect ratio shift. This does, in a minute number of cases, cause myth
to trip over and die .. but that's not what I am writing about. It
occurred to me that the discontinuities could be used as a deadly
accurate cue to clip out adverts.

Thoughts?

ADM

             Andrew Meredith BEng CEng CITP MBCS MIEE
                   The Anvil Organisation Ltd.
                           Director
Tel: +44 (0) 1249 444240       Email:          andrew at anvil.org
Mob: +44 (0) 7802 389007       Web:       http://www.anvil.org/
       Need a Systems Administrator, just not a whole one?
     Try our "As you need it" support and training services.