AW: [mythtv-users] Current SVN DVB Choppiness

pschormeir at iiv.de pschormeir at iiv.de
Mon Oct 10 14:14:20 UTC 2005

Yes, service means daemonized. If I start mythbackend -v from a shell, it's running like a charm.
I'm using remote frontends connected to the backend over 100Mbit wire, but even if I try frontend/backend on the same machine I get
this problems.
The problem also appears only while watching DVB Tv, I have a PVR350 in an extra backend, which works perfectly.
The worst combination was 2 backends, one with the DVB (master) and the other with the PVR (slave) and an extra frontend only
machine.
As long as I start both backends daemonized, they are most likely breaking at the first attempt to switch a channel on the dvb
source. If I start them both from the shell, the are working without any problem.

Fritz