[mythtv-users] mythstreamtv help

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Mon Oct 10 13:47:40 UTC 2005

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> I have added mythstreamtv to my MythWeb tonight.  I have installed FFMpeg
>> and VLC.
>> They all compiled fine and I used the same version
>> that mythstreamtv recommends.
>>
>> When I select a pre-recorded show and click start the stream,
>> I can see a vlc process created and running.  I can go to
>>    http://myhost:8002
>>
>> but when I point ANYTHING to myhost port 8001, I get
>> connection refused.  I used mplayer or Window Media
>> player and do mms://myhost:8001.  I also tried
>> the http streaming option and I got back "Connection Refused".
>>
>> I did netstat -a and only see a listening port on 8002 but not 8001.
>> both httpd and vlc are running as nobody.  I even flush out my iptables
>> too just to make sure it is not a firewall issue.
>>
>> Anything I am missing?  Even though VLC is running, I cannot point any
>> media player to the machine to load the stream.
>> The VLC process that is started everytime I clicked play:
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/vlc -I http --http-host=:8002 --sout-transcode-fps=25
>> --sout-transcode-deinterlace
>> /mnt/store//1450_20051008180000_20051008190500.nuv
>> :sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,acodec=mp3,vb=500,ab=128,scale=1}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=:8001}
>>
> =
>

> Your experience looks pretty much like mine. I haven't yet got it to
> work so I look forward to seeing what replies you get on this one.

What does the output say? (mythstreamtv writes a log file. Find that
file and look for
error messages.) Does VLC complain that it can't find HTTP or anything?
It should tell you what the problem is.

I have my VLC + ffmpeg mostly working on KnoppMyth R5A16, but I have
audio sync issues when streaming via HTTP. The audio lags behind the
video by
about 3 seconds....

--
Jesse Guardiani