[mythtv-users] dvb sound drops out?

Craig Read craigread at csi.com
Mon Oct 10 04:42:19 UTC 2005

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 10:26:24AM -0500, Taylor Jacob wrote:
>

>>Quoting James Armstrong <james at thearmstrongs.org>:

>>>I had this happen lastnight. About 15 minutes into The O.C. the audio
>>>stops. Doesn't come back. The recording right after, Point Pleasant,
>>>worked fine. Same DVB card. Air2PC. This was the first time I have seen
>>>this. Running CVS from yesterday afternoon.
>>>

>>I just noticed this myself last night for the first time as well.  Have you
>>tried TS mode?  (You can set this option in setup->capture cards->recording
>>settings).  I don't want to spend too much time fixing PS mode, since I want to
>>remove this functionality at some point.  I didn't have much of a chance last
>>night to try out TS mode.
>>

>Ouch. I'm running CVS from a few weeks ago and I've never seen this (PS
>mode), so now I'm reluctant to upgrade. Do you know if it is a recording
>problem or a playback problem?
>
>Hamish

It's October and I still have this same problem (been with me since
version 0.17).

 From my experience, it's more often a playback problem.  If I use
mythlink.sh to create mpeg links, I can play the video in winamp under
winxp and it works.  This is a major hand-brake to having my partner
enjoy using Mythtv.  I record a heap of shows for her, but 20% of them
lose audio at some point.  Some of them, you can hit space bar to set a
bookmark, watch something else for a few seconds, switch back and it
works.  For most of them, the Myth box won't ever play audio.

I'm very surprised (and dissapointed) that this hasn't been fixed yet as
it's literally a show stopper for me.

Craig...