[mythtv-users] mythstreamtv help

Vincent Yau v_yau2 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 04:34:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have added mythstreamtv to my MythWeb tonight.  I have installed FFMpeg
and VLC.
They all compiled fine and I used the same version
that mythstreamtv recommends.

When I select a pre-recorded show and click start the stream,
I can see a vlc process created and running.  I can go to
   http://myhost:8002

but when I point ANYTHING to myhost port 8001, I get
connection refused.  I used mplayer or Window Media
player and do mms://myhost:8001.  I also tried
the http streaming option and I got back "Connection Refused".

I did netstat -a and only see a listening port on 8002 but not 8001.
both httpd and vlc are running as nobody.  I even flush out my iptables
too just to make sure it is not a firewall issue.

Anything I am missing?  Even though VLC is running, I cannot point any
media player to the machine to load the stream.
The VLC process that is started everytime I clicked play:

/usr/local/bin/vlc -I http --http-host=:8002 --sout-transcode-fps=25
--sout-transcode-deinterlace
/mnt/store//1450_20051008180000_20051008190500.nuv
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,acodec=mp3,vb=500,ab=128,scale=1}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=:8001}

Any tip/help much appreciated.

thanks

--Vincent