[mythtv-users] Cannot get signal from PVR-250 component input to display on the screen

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Mon Oct 10 04:53:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 22:34 -0500, Paul Olson wrote:
> Hello-
>     New to Mythtv, have had a lot of success with the main features, but
> am stuck at a few points.  Would appreciate any assistance.
>
>     I have connected a VCR to the component video input (also made the
I suspect you mean composite video input...

> audio connection).  When I fire up the  VCR and switch the card to that
> input, I hear the audio but do not see any video on the display; I just

Is the tape recorded with macrovision?  Perhaps the card is paying
attention to the macrovision encoding and not allowing capture..

> see a blank screen.  Cable is ok, when I  connect those  cables to the
> TV, the video displays fine.
>
>     I am fairly certain that I have something wrong in the card setup,
> byt I have not been able to isolate my mistake.  Can someone point me in
> the right direction?

Try a tape that is recorded with an ordinary consumer video camera so
your sure it doesn't have macrovision on it.  Alternatively try using
the output of a game system or something..

-Robert