[mythtv-users] mount: Operation not supported

Azmat azmat.hussain at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 16:58:45 UTC 2005

When I installed FC3, I mounted my largest partition, /dev/hdc6 to a /video
mounting point. When I decided to change to LVM, I had to unmount /dev/hdc6
from /video, then followed the instructions in the MythTV docs for creating
my LVM VG and adding the new drive, then I readded /video with the VG that I
had just created. But right now, my system is behaving like /video is
already mounted to /dev/hdc6 again, I believe that's why I'm getting this
error message. But I can't umount it because it says /video is not mounted,
though I see the entry for it in /etc/fstab. I tried using fstab-sync -r to
remove it but I don't know what its UID is or how to find that. Is there any
other way to force it to umount /video other than using the -f option,
because of course I already tried that and it didn't do the trick. Thanks
again for the help.

Azmat

--

Azmat