[mythtv-users] Auto expire setting ambiguity

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Sun Oct 9 11:27:05 UTC 2005

When I am in the recorded media section and selecting a recording to
watch, I can hit a right arrow key and myth pops up a dialog box with
various buttons - one of which says 'Auto Expire'.

Does this mean the recording it set to auto expire, or does it mean that
if I press the button, it wiull THEN be set to autoexpire?  If I press
it, and go back and look at it again, it now says 'Don't auto expire'.
Same question but in reverse... is it now set to NOT autoexpire, ir is
it trying to tell me that if I press the button, it will THEN be set to
not autoexpire?

You really need a checkbox or something to make the useage of the button
clear as it is quite ambiguous the way it is.

...and by the way, I actually need to know which way it works, this is
not a theoretical problem, I am at a loss as to whether my recordings
are set to autoexpire or not...