[mythtv-users] RTFM?

Frank Simorjay simorjay at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 05:04:13 UTC 2005

As a new user to this list please be kind.
I'm trying to get a grasp of the ability to use a backend/frontend model for
my installation of mythtv.
I have a pcHDTV in a backend system with dual 1 Gig procs, and lots of disk
space. The deal is that the backend is also a racked server I
plan on leaving in my server room (currently running a fresh install of
Fedora3). So with this in mind do I still have to equip this box with a
decoder(video card)? Can I do a very basic install of X on this system. Use
a frontend with my HDtv? What would be a good config for this front end
system? How about using a XBOX?

Thanks for the feedback

--
Frank