[mythtv-users] Fedora Mythtv, pcHDTV and Comcast?

Mark Linford mlinford+mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 23:29:16 UTC 2005

Hi, everyone. I'm looking for advice on how to get started with a
pcHDTV-3000 card and my local Comcast (SF Bay Area) connection. I already
have a working Fedora Core 4 installation by following Jarod's install guide
with a PVR-150 card. Now, I want to get it working with my 3000. However, I
haven't been able to find much information on how to even getting started.
At this point, all I've been able to do is lspci to see if the card is even
recognized by the system (it is). So, I'd appreciate it if anyone could give
me a push in the right direction:

1. In mythtvsetup, which capture card setting should I use (V4L, pcHDTV,
DVB)?
2. How can I figure out which channels my card can receive? I believe that
Comcast in my area has all of the local HDTV channels unencrypted, but how
can I test this out?
3. Is there anything special I need to do when setting up my guide settings
for this new capture card?

I'm a bit of a newb with all of this HDTV stuff, so any advice on where to
get started would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mark