[mythtv-users] preventing screen from blacking out

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Sat Oct 8 15:31:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

>> How do I configure my desktop so that it won't black out ("sleep") after
>> while and also so that it doesn't lock out the user, requiring password?

>Comment out the line Option       "dpms" in xorg.conf

It's already commented out in xorg.conf... :-/  But that screen blackout
still occurs. Also, the auto lock (I guess this is a gnome feature?)
happens. How do I turn that off?

>> Another thing, is there a way to do autostart of myth upon boot-up,
>> without
>> booting into level 3? Is it possible to boot into level 5 and still get
>> myth
>> to autostart?

> If you mean mythbackend then copy your mythbackend link from
> |/etc/rc3.d directory to|/etc/rc5.d directory (if it's not already
> there).

No, I mean mythfrontend... If I'm booting in level 5, is it possible for
mythfrontend to start up automatically during boot?

Ricardo