[mythtv-users] Buffer file not rolling

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 11:55:43 UTC 2005

On 07/10/05, Mitko Haralanov <voidtrance at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:10:38 -0400
> "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > The ringbuffer will grow until it reaches the max size configured in the
> > database.  Try setting your max ringbuffer size to a smaller value;
> > it's in mythtv-setup, a setting called "Live TV buffer (GB)".
>
> Well, my dedicated partition is 10GB and I set the live buffer to grow
> up to... well, 10GB. But there must be some number that is a bit off.
>
> I lowered it to 9GB so I'll see how it goes...

This is the same problem I have, except my partition is (just under) 5
GB. The problem with setting the size smaller is that is then leaves a
GB wasted.

But I would think there's still a bug there. The backend shouldn't go
into fits when the disk fills. It should politely wrap the buffer.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-spewtumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent