[mythtv-users] FAQ

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 11:05:02 UTC 2005

Thanks to everyone who's replied on this.  I'll correct all the
mistakes that people have pointed out and put it on the wiki on Monday
so anyone can edit it.  I think I am right on the display size
question (the resolution should just be 800x600 or whatever you are
running at), but again if I am wrong I'll change it.  For the question
raised about whether you can run Myth without any capture cards (i.e
just mythmusic and mythvideo) I always thought you could, but I have
to  admit I've never tried it so if the info is wrong then again it'll
need editting.

You also might have noticed that there are two  areas that I've
completely avoided mentioning, namely DVD burning and Hi Def.  This is
because I don't have any experience with either so I know little about
them.  I am planning to do a little research, but once it goes on the
wiki, if any experts want to make a strat then that would be most
appreciated.

Regarding Nick's point about whether a lot of this information should
be in the docs.  That's probably true, I just went with some questions
that seemed to be asked quite a lot on here along with some others I
thought were improtant (the one aboput asking for torrents is on there
because Isaac has a zero tolerance policy on this, yet as far as I
know it isn't explicitly stated anywhere).  Hopefully putting it in
the wiki, will reduce the number of sources of information that people
have to trawl through.

On a slightly different topic, my next project was going to be to
write a user guide for Myth.  i.e. actually how to use rather than
simply installing it.  Again this would go in the wiki, and probably
also be available as a PDF for people to print out.  Is this a good
idea?

Sorry for the length of this.

Thanks,

Chris