[mythtv-users] Recording Profiles suggestions

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Oct 8 08:33:21 UTC 2005

Does anyone have any suggestions for the numbers for various quality
profiles for straight forward 720x576PAL recording on a PVR-150 card - and
what level of disk usage I should expect from them.

What numbers would give a VCR level of quality (obviously the lowest I'd
want). Transcode numbers (giving me a clue on megs per hour) would be
useful as well.

Also what options make sense to enable to improve the output on an Epia
SP13000 (deinterlace maybe?) where the hardware decoder is taking care of
the mpeg2 stream from my PVR-150.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks