[mythtv-users] SVN Upgrade (FC 4, Myth 18.1)

Scott Starkey starkeys at whitehouseisd.org
Sat Oct 8 02:20:04 UTC 2005

Scott Starkey
CNA, CNE, Network +, MCP, MCSA
Systems Administrator
Whitehouse ISD
(903) 839-5523
starkeys at whitehouseisd.org
>>> shane at techie.net 10/07/05 7:52 PM >>>
I'm really interested in some of the features that I've heard exist in the
SVN head branch of Myth (particularly MythUI). I know that installing from
SVN has no guarantee of functionality, but I know in other open source
projects, many people regularly use nightly builds without any kind of
real problems. What's the general opinion of the cutting edge builds? Is
it worth it?

Also, is there an easy way to upgrade to SVN from 18.1, installed using
Jarod's FC4 guide?

	- SJML

I'm glad you brought this topic up.  I had just been curious about this myself.  My interest with SVN is just curiosity mostly.  Seeing if anything has been done with MythMusic and other little things.

I started by looking at this link http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo from Jarod's Tips and Tricks page.

My problem is that when I go to run ./configure it shows ALSA as not being on and I haven't figured out how to turn that option on.

This e-mail, including attachments, is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential,
and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,