[mythtv-users] DishPlayer 7200 & lirc ???

Jeff Artz junk_inbox at comcast.net
Fri Oct 7 23:40:16 UTC 2005

Does anybody here have a working LIRC setup changing channels on one or
more DishPlayer 7200 receivers (Same as DP7100 and DP7222)?  I've
searched high and low, and have come up with some references of lirc for
Dish Network receivers, but all of them are either for the 3700, 4700,
etc. series of receivers, or were asking for help as I am, with no comp
(that use a completely different protocols.

I did manage to find a lircd.conf file for the remote (URL:
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/jvc/100331-AA ) but it doesn't
appear to work for transmitting.

I looked at
http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html
  - but again, that's for the 'other' dish network receivers, not the 7200.

I did find some posts that said adding "frequency 56000" to the
lircd.conf file made the remote work for them, but I tried that and it
didn't work for me (at least for transmitting - I didn't try receiving
as I don't have a receiver setup on my backend box.)  I also tried
"frequency 57600" to no avail...  (I believe this remote is modulated at
56K, so one of the two values should be correct.)

So any working configs you could share?  I've got three 7200 receivers,
each of which I'd control with a seperate 'blaster' since they cannot be
set to different remote codes like most of the other dish receivers.

Thanks!  And sorry if it's a long-winded post...

Jeff  ;-)