[mythtv-users] Playlists on multiple machines.

Michael Jones m_g_j at michaelandholly.com
Fri Oct 7 20:14:44 UTC 2005

I've looked on the list and there doesn't seem to be any good (translate =
useful) information out there on this.

I'm trying to create a set of global playlists for mythmusic.   When I
create a playlist on my main machine (the backend/Frontend) the database
tags it with the name of that machine.  None of the other machines can see
it.

If I go into the database and edit the field to the name of the frontend,
the playlist becomes available on that frontend.

If I change it to Null, it doesn't show up anywhere.

If I change it to * it doesn't show up anywhere..

Any ideas on one or more of the following:

1) Creating a playlist from the GUI  that will show up on ALL frontends

2) Editing the field that assigns the playlist to a particular frontend to
something that will make it show on all frontends.

- Michael