[mythtv-users] FAQ

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 17:24:30 UTC 2005

On 07/10/05, Joseph A. Caputo <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Friday 07 October 2005 8:56, Chris Martin wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I've had a go at doing an FAQ for this mailing list.  Consider it in a
> > rough state at the moment with more questions to be added.  If anyone
> > has any suggestions then please let me know.
> >
> > it's at http://users.ox.ac.uk/~wolf1473/MythFAQ.html
>
> Found one thing right off the bat... your link to the mailing list
> archives on gossamer-threads points to the ivtv-devel list :-)

The link in the text - the one at the bottom seems fine.

I really think almost all of this information belongs in the official
docs and not in a separate FAQ. If this is to be a list-specific FAQ
(i.e. how to use the mailing lists and Gossamer archive effectively)
will it be posted regularly? I don't recall many questions asked about
running MythTV on Windows (which you can't, because you always need a
Linux-based backend to connect to) or for downloading TV shows and
films.

I think a big problem going forward for the MythTV project is to try
and ensure that documentation is more concentrated (not less so) so
that a user doesn't have to search for hours and visit many different
websites and wikis to find the answer (that's just a personal opinion
based on my own experiences!).

Good luck with the FAQ though - the more reliable information
available, the better.

Nick