[mythtv-users] vlc and .vob files

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Fri Oct 7 08:27:44 UTC 2005

I'm trying to use vlc to stream one of my DVDs that I've ripped and
stored into a .vob file.  I can get the video just fine but can't
seem to get the audio.  Are there any experts that might have a clue
toward solving this...

here is the vlc line I use to stream the video...

    vlc -v /media/movies/DVDVolume.vob --sout '#transcode
{vcodec=xvidx,fps=15,vb=500,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=32,channels=2}:std
{access=http,mux=asf,url=:8001}'

I'm getting this error:

    [00000206] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot create
audio chain