[mythtv-users] microsoft MCE remote control

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Oct 7 07:53:02 UTC 2005

> Hi, I bought a microsoft MCE remote control (handset Model 1039, USB IR
> "Bus 001 Device 013: ID 0471:0815 Philips") after seeing that Lirc is
> supposed to support it and mythtv.  However, once I started searching
> for the actual way to get to work it seems to be a lot less clear than I
> hoped.
>
> Can someone point me to a resource to help me get this working?

Thats probably either using the driver lirc_mceusb or lirc_mceusb2. For
the latter, you will need lirc-0.7.2 which supports what is loosely called
the 2005 mce remote (mine has no coloured keys but does have an extra
Enter and Cancel keys at the bottom).

If you are following the Jarod Wilson (is that the right name?)
instructions then just substitute lirc_i2c for the correct mceusb version.
Make sure you use the correct lircd.conf file from the 0.7.2 package so
that the codes get converted to whatever you reference in your lircrc
file.

I'm impressed by mine - it came with a boxed 150mce retail.

--
Robin Gilks