[mythtv-users] Re: Seeking Remote Control Advice for PVR-500

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 23:45:31 UTC 2005

1. No, it will not work the same.  You will need to
load in different kernel modules that support the new
IR receiver.
2. You program those codes into the remote.  Since you
have an All-For-One remote, you would use these
instructions (which I copied from my website):
a) Press the device button you have programmed to VCR
code 0081.
b) Press and hold the SET button until the LED blinks
twice, and release it.
c) Press 9-9-4
d) Tap the SET key. The LED should blink once.
e) Enter a three-digit code from the table.
f) Press the corresponding remote control button from
the table.
g) Repeat for all of the buttons in the table (or, as
many as you feel the need to program)
These codes correspond to values in the lircd.conf
file  (which will need to be changed).

3. The button names are arbitrary, but must match the
names in your .lircrc file.  There's no reason you
couldn't call them "button1", "button2", etc.

4. irrecord

Please search the archives for more information, since
this has been discussed several times.

-- Joe